10 Years On…By Lisa Fletcher | 08-06-21
10 years ago, Kristen Turner and Marisa Adams embarked on a very challenging and very personal journey - the continuation of Chris Peake Real Estate.
“What a journey it’s been - so many milestones, so many amazing moments, so much thanks goes out to everyone who has been by our side” they said.
Joined by a common goal – ‘to provide our community with an authentic and professional real estate service’. Kristen, Marisa and fellow Director Sarah are dynamic, hardworking and lead an exceptional real estate team at Berwick and Officer.
Marisa is a fully Licensed Estate Agent and the Officer in Effective Control. She has been with the company since its inception and brings with her nearly 30 years of real estate experience. Marisa has been the essential behind-the-scenes ingredient to a successful, ethical, and efficiently run business. Marisa also runs our rental department, and we believe we can offer all landlords a personalised service which is second to none in our area and challenge you to put us to the test!
Kristen has been selling real estate in the South-Eastern Suburbs for almost 20 years. Kristen passionately leads her dedicated sales team with many outstanding results being celebrated by both buyers and sellers.
Sarah brings an extensive knowledge and contact base to the business, having been a trusted real estate agent in the area for over 14 years.
Milestones like these are a fantastic time for reflection. In celebration of this tremendous achievement, we sat down with Kristen and Marisa to look back on their top ten moments and lessons of the past ten years as Directors at Peake Real Estate.
Top ten most memorable moments:
• Joining RER Network.
• Our first Relay For Life event in memory of Chris Peake.
• Winning community achievement award in recognition of our work with the Cancer Council in memory of Chris.
• Being featured in Business of Real Estate magazine following our community achievement award.
• Opening our second office in Officer in 2019.
• Networking with some of the best agencies in the country with the RER Network and having the opportunity to travel while we do it.
• Bringing Sarah James on as a business partner.
• Each time we have new team members join us - watching them grow to be their best in our business.
• Celebrating 10 years in business!
• Renovating our office at Berwick.
Top 10 lessons we have learnt:
1. Our People and our Clients come first.
2. Family and your own wellbeing is priority.
3. We are a learning organisation.
4. Culture is caught, not taught.
5. Real estate is a lifestyle, not a job.
6. The importance of growth mindset.
7. Technology is your friend.
8. Watching our team grow is what makes us happy.
9. Love and support your community.
10. Be kind, you never know what people are going through.