Beat The Winter Blues At HomeBy Lisa Fletcher | 04-05-21
Winter is well and truly here with lots of cold and wet winter days in Melbourne’s south-east. Getting through the cold days can be challenging and can leave you feeling restricted and unable to leave the house. Fortunately, Team Peake have come up with some productive and fun ways that can help you beat the winter blues whilst keeping warm in the comfort of your own home.
- A movie marathon- curl up on the couch to take in the classics or discover new favourites. There are now several fantastic streaming services available with a great range of movies and TV shows on offer.
- Run a bath or create a ‘day spa’ at home – a great way to warm-up and relax. Self-care is always a great idea.
- Reset and unplug all devices - try a colouring book or a crossword/sudoku puzzle or even better, dust off the board games!
- Plan your next holiday – create a mood board for a visual and start getting excited! There is no time like the present to begin dreaming of laying in the sunshine.
- Listen to podcasts - ask your friends for recommendations if you are unsure where to start. You can find an array of topics from comedy to crime or pop-culture to informative.
- Try an online workout – no motivation to brave the cold and get to the gym, no worries! Some of our favourites are Keep It Cleaner, 28 By Sam Wood, Barre Body and Sweat.
- Bake a dessert. There is nothing like freshly baked goods to warm you up and make your house smell delicious.
- Refresh a room in your home - a change of scenery can also improve your mood during the colder months.
- Organize an indoor treasure hunt. This doesn’t just have to be one for kids – get creative with your clues and hiding places.
- Plan a party – perhaps a wine tasting or themed dinner party?
- Lose yourself in a good book – “That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet”. – Jhumpa Lahiri.
We hope you found these tips happy and helpful.
If you are thinking of buying, selling, renting or investing in property this winter, or simply would like to chat about the local real estate market, be sure to get in touch with the friendly team at Peake.